We took John to the airport on Friday. He had to fly to New Jersey to do some work for a few days. And boy oh boy......it's been a long weekend. The girls and I miss him bunches! I think Juliet is trying to figure out how to ask where he is......she has gone to the frig a few times today taking his picture off of it and carried it around saying "daddy, daddy". So I think that is a sure sign that she misses him.
With John being out of town, I have caught up on a few chick flicks when the girls went down to bed. I watched "Wedding Daze" (it was crappy), "27 dresses", and "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2".
Friday night I had a heart palpitating scare! After my chick flick, I heard about 20 gunshots over a span of 15 minutes. I was terrified! They sounded like they came from my backyard! I shut off the lights, checked on the girls, locked up the house, called 911, called John (at 1 a.m. New Jersey time) and couldn't fall asleep until 3 a.m.. That isn't the norm for this neighborhood. Scary. Anyways, that was just the lil push I needed to get motivated again to get the house up on the market. I was googling houses for sale the next day.
Saturday, Juliet and I were watching cooking shows on PBS and I swear I felt like I was in a Max & Ruby cartoon. She would look at me and point to the TV and say "Hot". She did that every few minutes for about 30 minutes. Then she'd go to the stove and touch it and say "Hot". It was pretty funny.
And over the weekend the girls stuffed bears. Those bears haven't left the girls sight since they've made them. They love those things!
Sunday, we went to the park, went to Walmart, and had dinner at Los Lupes. YUM!
Here's some pics from our weekend.
Park pictures
We went on short hikes on the trails and the girls enjoyed a snack.
I have no idea what Juliet was doing when I took this picture. It's funny though, what ever she is doing.
Juliet is posing. :)
Juliet cannot help herself. She can't resist digging in the dirt and rocks.
And Presley led us on a little adventure.
We were hunting for walking sticks. Piper kept trying to pull up tree roots and would get so mad when they wouldn't come up.
Presley was our hiking leader and kept turning around telling Piper to quit being so slow.
I love it when they are sweet to one another!
Those eyes are still BLUE!!!! YAY!!!
Here's the smile that get almost anything.
Juliet telling on Presley, showing me what she did to her...
And tonight, I peaked in on the girls playing. Their new games is "mommy & baby". Presley is the mommy and Juliet is the baby. When I peaked in on them, Presley was warming up a bottle in their kitchen, then she checked it on her wrist to make sure it wasn't hot, then she shoved it in Piper's mouth.
For a bed time snack, he girls wanted some strawberries. Here's a crazy one that was in the pack. It's a crazy Siamese strawberry.
I am SOOO HAPPY tomorrow is Monday and we get to go pick up John from the airport! Very excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment